Saturday 10 June 2017

Reuniting with my cousin.

Today I leave Vancouver and fly out to Edmonton, where my cousin will pick me up and we'll head to Calgary.

Booked a taxi for 5.30am and loaded the bags into the boot.  Arrived and checked my bags.  Pink one, as it was untouched, was OK.  The black bag, however, was 7kg overweight!!!  What the?!?!?!  How could I have bought 7kg worth of stuff?!?!?!  Everything I did purchase, souvenir wise, was small and light.  I was dumbfounded.  Regardless, I had to pay and was slugged $78CAD on top of my checked bag fees, which I knew I had to pay.

As I was super early, I grabbed my coffee and a muffin and waited near my gate until it was time to leave.

Thankfully it was only a short flight as the seats were damn uncomfortable.  I had an empty seat next to me, so I was able to stretch out a little and snooze, seeing as I got up early.

I misunderstood my cousin and thought he was waiting for me at the gate, as he told me where he'd be.  I looked around...nothing.  I'd wait a few more minutes to see if he'd come in case he was running late...five minutes later...still no cousin.

So thought I'd go grab my bags and message him when I got there.  And there he was, waiting for me in baggage claim.  Oops!  I was so happy to see him as I hadn't seen him for two years when he was last in Australia.  He brought a London Fog for me...good cousin LOL.

Bags came out quickly so grabbed them and we made our way to Calgary.  Where he lives, he's four hours from Edmonton and eight hours from Calgary, so thought whilst kinda in the area, we'd do Calgary then make our way "home".


Unfortunately it was raining again, which limited the things we could do.  Stopped at Cross Iron Mills (approx three hours from Edmonton), as we were both a little peckish and he needed to buy some stuff.  The Levis store caught my eye and I had to check out the prices.  Ended up buying two pairs for $100CAD.  Hope they fit cos I didn't try them on!  I just went off the size I was currently wearing (30), though I think I should've gotten 29.  Oh well, I'll just have to wear a belt.

Arrived in Calgary about 45 minutes later and as it was a little too early to check in, he showed me a bit around Calgary, albeit from the car due to rain.  Showed me where the Calgary Stampede is held and where the Winter Olympics were held in 1988, which is also where the Jamaican bobsled team competed and there's the original bobsled out front.

Went back to hotel and checked in.  As shops were open till 9.00pm, we went to dinner at Boston Pizza at Chinook Centre then a quick look around, as stores were almost closing.

Fingers crossed the weather tomorrow will be better.

No comments:

Post a Comment