Wednesday 7 June 2017

Day 4: Vancouver.

Howdy folks.  Whilst not technically my last day in Vancouver, as I'm not leaving until Saturday, I'm going to Whistler on Thursday and won't be back until late Friday, so today will be last minute sightseeing and souvenir shopping.

I had been asked by my cousin if I'd had a London Fog yet, but it has to be from Second Cup (think Gloria Jeans).  What is that you ask?  I had no idea either until he told me.  It's Earl Grey tea with foamed milk and vanilla syrup (think cappuccino but with tea LOL).  I was a bit iffy about trying it as I'm not tea drinker, but I thought what the heck.  Well, yum!  Also had a whole wheat Blueberry and Lemon Scone for breakfast.

Last night I decided that I would do a harbour cruise to see Vancouver from another viewpoint.  Once again, it was a perfect day for a cruise.



Walking back up Robson Street, I passed several bike hire shops and I was undecided if I would hire a bike for an hour and ride around the Seawall.  I went to Safeway around the corner to get lunch and think about the bike.  I was on my way back to the park to have a solo picnic, again walked past the bike hire and then backtracked.  Bugger it, I decided to hire for the hour so I could go around the entire Seawall.  I'm glad I did it as the sun was out and there were heaps of people doing the same.

Dropped the bike back and walked Robson Street again back to the hotel.  I couldn't be arsed washing my hair so booked myself into the DryBar at Nordstrom for a wash and style, so my hair would look fresh for the next few days.  Went back to my room to have the rest of my dinner then head back to Gastown to pick up a few souvenirs.

Walking back, lost my way and kind of ended up near Chinatown, which I did want to see but was told to avoid it as it's not like it used to be.  Found my way back somehow and you wouldn't believe it, after all the beautiful days of sunshine, it started to rain.  Bugger that, my hair would get wet!  Luckily it was only a light drizzle.

Packed my overnight bag because tomorrow...I'm off to Whistler!

No comments:

Post a Comment