Thursday 29 June 2017

Going home :`(

Well my time in Canada has come to an end and it's time for me to head home.  Leaving for Edmonton to stay overnight so it's not a mad rush if we were to leave Friday...

...but not before baking Potica on Wednesday.  Despite not having a grinder to grind the walnuts, I had to make do with a smoothie maker LOL.  This was the first time I made Potica without mum next to me to guide me.  I think I did alright.  Everyone ate it, so it can't have been that bad, right?!







Going to miss everyone.  It's taken me almost eight years to get to Canada and I hope it won't take me that long to go back.  Aiming to return in July 2019.  This time I'll time things much better to celebrate Canada Day, see the Calgary Stampede and experience A Taste of Edmonton, a massive food festival and of course, see all the family again.

Had to do a bit of last minute shopping and a few returns, so was running around like a headless chicken, but not before we grabbed lunch at the Italian Centre Shop outside WEM....delicious Italian food.  Sadly no room for dessert...next time.


With all the shopping, I ended up having to buy another bag, so I had four in total.  I knew one extra bag would be $200CAD but thankfully, the check in staff allowed me to take the fourth bag for nothing.  I was so thankful and relieved.



Was a long flight home with very tight connections, but made it back home to a very cold Melbourne.

1 comment:

  1. Oh I have heard the Calgary Stampede is a lot of fun, I'd like to go one day too. My sister in law is from Edmonton, not exactly sure where, but I'd like to go with her one day and see where she is from.

    Sounds like an amazing trip, you must be so glad you did it. You have really made me want to go back to Canada. I might have to see when my brother and sister in law are next going and tag along.

    p.s. I only just found this blog, I kept waiting for the update to appear on your other blog and then I noticed the link in your IG profile. Silly me.

    Clarissa.

    ReplyDelete